Applying for Financial Aid and Scholarships
- DC-CAP: DC-CAP is a non-profit organization working in partnership with the District of Columbia Public and Public Charter School Systems that provides counseling and financial assistance to students who might otherwise never have the opportunity to attend or graduate from college.
- DC TAG/DC ONE Application
- College Success Foundation
- The Achievers Scholarship Program was generously funded in 2007 by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. To date it has provided college readiness, mentoring and support, as well as scholarship financial aid to hundreds of low-income youth in the District of Columbia. Achievers Application
- New Futures. Provides a practical yet innovative program of scholarships, career services and supports to low- come DC area people pursuing shorter-term post-secondary educational opportunities towards fulfilling careers. New Futures Application
Preparing for College
College Summit Annually serving 36,000 students in 9th through 12th grade, College Summit is the nation’s largest nonprofit dedicated to transforming the lives of low-income youth by connecting them to college and career. College Summit uses peer leadership, custom curricula, real-time student performance data and technology to help get these high school students from low-income communities to and through college.